- Make work easier by eliminating obstacles.
- Reduce chances of being disturbed with unnecessary items.
- Prevent accumulation of unnecessary items.
- Evaluate necessary items with regard to cost or other factors.
- Remove all parts or tools that are not in use.
- Segregate unwanted material from the workplace.
- Define Red-Tag area to place unnecessary items that cannot immediately be disposed of. Dispose of these items when possible.
- Need fully skilled supervisor for checking on a regular basis.
- Waste removal.
- Make clear all working floor except using the material.
- Sort bad and good things.
Set In Order (Seiton)
- Arrange all necessary items so that they can be easily selected for use.
- Prevent loss and waste of time by arranging work station in such a way that all tooling/equipment is in close proximity.
- Make it easy to find and pick up necessary items.
- Ensure first-in-first-out First in First Out (FIFO) basis.
- Make workflow smooth and easy.
- All of the above work should be done on a regular basis.
- Place components according to their uses, with the frequently used components being nearest to the work place.
- Clean your workplace on daily basis completely or set cleaning frequency
- Use cleaning as inspection.
- Prevent machinery and equipment deterioration.
- Keep workplace safe and easy to work.
- Keep workplace clean and pleasing to work in.
- When in place, anyone not familiar with the environment must be able to detect any problems within 50 feet
- Standardize the best practices in the work area.
- Maintain high standards in workplace organization at all times.
- Everything in its right place.
- Every process has a standard.
- Not harmful to anyone.
- Also, translates as “do without being told”.
- Perform regular audits.
- Training and discipline.
- Training is a goal-oriented process. Its resulting feedback is necessary monthly.
- To maintain proper order
- Ensure all defined standards are being implemented.
- Follow the process, but also be open to improvement